Monday, June 12, 2017

Marysville to Wooster, OH

Another glorious day on back country roads under partly cloudy skies with a slight tailwind.  On the other hand, it was hot (91 degrees in Wooster at the end of the ride).

I left the hotel with the dawn patrol planning on taking lots of photos.  I rode for a short while with a local cyclist into Delaware, Ohio.  Tom Dunn caught up with me and forced me to ride fast (that's my story and I'm sticking to it.)  We were held up by construction going into the first SAG stop of the day.  After refilling my water bottles and grabbing a snack, Tom and I struck out together for another eleven miles.  We enjoyed Ohio Rollers (mostly short and not too steep) and many twists and turns through farm country.  Tom stopped in Chesterville and I continued on alone to the second SAG where Sheri was waiting with sandwiches and snacks.  This is when the serious climbing started; long and steep rollers into Wooster with some grades reaching 14%.  The downhills between climbs were long and wonderful breaks between the climbs.  Another century ride completed.

6:06; 99 miles; 3,861' climb; 4,890 Calories.

No DQ near the hotel so I had to settle for an Italian sub and soft drink for first dinner.

Lovely rural roads for most of the day.

Yes, I know, another barn.  Get used to it!

Instead of storing hay in traditional bales, lots of huge rolls of hay in this part of the country.

Told you so.  Another barn.

I've not taken any pictures of the rivers and creeks we are crossing.

Aren't they cute?

A train buff has this caboose in his yard complete with crossing signs.

3 comments:

  1. So DQ and Steak 'n Shake locations are not considered in the planning of SAG or hotel stops? How rude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have to go with Nancy Ng on this one - no DQ!? That's CRAZY talk.
    So glad you got to ride with a "local" for part of the day - I'm sure it will be the talk of the town.
    Love, P

    ReplyDelete