Thursday, June 8, 2017

Champaign, IL - Rest Day

Today was our fourth rest day. 

Unlike the first three rest days, I didn’t get the bike out for a ride; I need to give my quadriceps some time off.  However, I was able to do my laundry, get a haircut, decorate my helmet (more about that tomorrow), and take a nap – it was a good day.

Tom and Laurel left today; they signed up to ride from Albuquerque to Champaign.  I’m sad to see them go.  One of the staff is also departing; Eilene has been replaced by Sheri for the final sprint to Boston.  Eilene will come to Boston for the final day to say farewell so I’ll see her again soon.


We have new riders joining us; Tom, Jack, Darrell, and Champ are from XC09; and Barry, Beth, and Bob.  Welcome to the XC17 family.  We are all short timers now, a little over two-weeks until we ride to Revere Beach to dip our wheels in the Atlantic Ocean.  What a great adventure it’s been.


3 comments:

  1. Glad the day was restful and look forward to hearing more about the helmet decorating! Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job what an acomplisment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dare you to ride home from Boston. Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete