Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Herkimer to Albany, NY

"I can see clearly now, the rain is gone..."

It rained during the night and streets were still wet when we left the hotel, but we had partly cloudy conditions, blue skies, and no rain today.  Our ride took us down the beautiful Mohawk Valley.  SR 5 parallels the railroad tracks beside the Mohawk River - lots of downhill and a little uphill to balance the ride.

Don, who I rode with on the East Coast ride in 2011, met me at the SAG stop and led me into Albany off route on the Mohawk bike trail to avoid traffic on the major streets.  Thanks, Don.

4:46; 80 miles; 2,231' climb; 3,996 Calories.

Waiting for departure: Mike R, Howard (CR staff), Willie, Barry, and Bob.


Today's ride.


Don and me at the SAG stop.

More of the beautiful Mohawk Valley

At one of the locks on the Mohawk beside the bike path Don took me on.

Looking back the other way at the river and the bike path.



4 comments:

  1. Wow - verdant and lovely! Hope you had a chocolate shake today... You know we all like hearing about your daily ritual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, no fast food places near the hotel. I settled for a Coke and a Ruben sandwich...with fries.

      Delete
    2. Mmmmmm, Reubens are a yummy treat. You'll have to ride up and try Brent's here in the valley. Are you allowed to ride a bike all the way up on Sepulveda?
      http://brentsdeli.com/aboutus.aspx

      No chocolate shakes there either, but I could make you a date shake at my place.

      Delete
  2. So very much enjoying your ride vicariously :)

    ReplyDelete