Tuesday, May 2, 2017

The bike

The bicycle I have been riding for the past seven years was starting to wear out.  After nearly fifty-thousand miles, the wheels were shot and parts were having to be replaced at an alarming rate.  I decided it wouldn't be prudent to use it for this year's ride.  So,  two months ago, I called Mohammed, owner of my LBS (local bike store), The Old Bike Shop in Hermosa Beach.  I loved my old Colnago (that's Italian for expensive), so I asked him to get me a new one.  He was able to find a frame and put all the bits and pieces together for me in time to use it to train on.  Today, I took the new bike in for a final tuneup.  Here's a picture of Mohammed, me, and the new bike.



My nine weeks of putting in the miles in preparation are over.  This week is a recovery week and I'm tapering off.  Sunday's departure will be here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment