Saturday, May 27, 2017

Dodge City to Great Bend, KS

They call the wind *&^%$#%^.

Overcast, chance of a thunderstorm, strong head winds, a sore knee, 8 mph in my lowest gear.  I didn't make it very far.  At the first opportunity, I joined Tracy in one of the support vans.  At the time I abandoned, the wind was out of the NE at 20 mph and gusting to 30.  It was probably a good decision; I don't want to blow out the knee and not be able to finish the ride.  The next two days should be fairly easy.  On the other hand, the wind did die down.  A huge thunderstorm with torrential rain and hail hit Great Bend but had moved on East before the riders arrived.

:48; 9 miles; 243' climb; 379 Calories (no milk shake today).



Mike R
Howard


Chris

Paul

Willie

Laurel

Tom

Tom and Laurel

Dan

Lori

Heinz

Brian

Harry

Mike








6 comments:

  1. Milkshakes are essential for recovery and would help the knee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good decision, save the knee. Phoebe sat it out today too. It's flat plains and short sprints for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I think you deserve a dang milkshake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Pamela! And I love the flower photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dairy association and milk shake mafia have spoken. I may as well take advantage of the opportunity and have a milk shake. Of course, when I get home, I'll have to experience withdrawal. Do they have a twelve-step program?

    ReplyDelete